Friday, April 17, 2009

Moment of Truth

Well, the time has pretty much come. The triathlon is this weekend.  It's really hard for me to believe that Jessica and I have been training for this since August.  That seems so long ago.  

I went to my cystic fibrosis doctor last week and got the ok to do the tri (as if I would've listened had she said no).  It's good to have her approval and support anyway.  She did say that I should take ALL my medicines and treatments to Texas with me to do before the race.  So much for packing light...

On a different note, this weekend is going to be fairly hectic.  I talked my boyfriend, Tim, into coming to the tri by agreeing to go to Ikea the day before. For those of you that don't know, Tim has an unhealthy (in my opinion) obsession with this store. So naturally, the last few weeks, this "ikea trip" is the only thing he's been harassing...I mean talking... to me about.   I think I almost forgot that this weekend is really about the triathlon I've been training for for so long. 

The plan, as it stands right now, is: Tim is coming over after he gets off work and we're taking my sister's car to Frisco and staying in a hotel close to Ikea.  Early tomorrow morning, we're going to Ikea and shopping.  Then we're going to lunch (sushi I hope!), and finally going to pick up my (and possibly Jessica's) race packet before checking into the race hotel.  Jessica and Nick had a horrible tragedy happen in their family so Jessica won't be meeting us at the hotel room until later that evening. 

Personally, I'm really scared. I've never done anything this big before, and I'm afraid I'm a bit in over my head especially when it comes to the swim.  At least the wetsuit is fairly buoyant! =)

Ok, Jessica does  goals...so here are mine (in no particular order). 

1)  Finish the swim with enough lung power for the rest. 
2) Finish the triathlon, no walking.
3) No barfing. 

No comments: