Saturday, October 4, 2008

Technicalities

Yesterday we went biking.  It went fine as far as how I felt, but there were still some issues.  Jessica doesn't get off work until 6, so we can't normally start working out (whichever activity we're doing) until around 7.  That was fine over the summer, but summer is over now.  It's getting darker earlier.  Yesterday, we could only ride for about 30 mins and that was kind of pushing it.  This is going to be a problem.  Not only is the getting dark thing going to get worse, we have to start bumping up our mileage (and therefore time) on all three activities.  Both of our apartment complexes have gyms, but they aren't exactly stellar, and call me a whiny baby, but I'd rather not ride a stationary bike 15 miles.  I have a friend that does triathlons professionally.  I thought about asking him what he normally does to combat these issues...but then I realized that although I love Daniel dearly,  he's a pyscho. (he's got the shattered hip to prove it)  =) He probably just rides his bike at night through the wind, rain, snow, and ice. 
So, any ideas from the normal people out there of how to combat work schedules and mother nature?

1 comment:

Jessica said...

I looked at sunrise and sunset times and they are closing in on us, meaning we have about the same amount of time BEFORE my work as we will after. Come mid-November, I won't have daylight time at home during my work week. You're either going to have to do it without me, or we're gyming it.

I know this sucks for you, but we'd save 10-15 minutes if you came over to my place every Friday for biking (and Sunday, but that's already the plan)...

I think the best plan we have right now, if we're going to continue to do it together, is the bike/run outside as long as possible, then finish the workout in the gym...