Tuesday, July 7, 2009

First Legal Gym Visit!!

I'm so excited! Today I got to go to the gym legally for the first time since going into the hospital! Don't kid yourselves, I've gone a few times behind my doctors' and parents' backs. Today though, my dad said I could go if I didn't "go crazy". Luckily, the word crazy has a very vague definition so I just did what I wanted to do.

I went in this morning after doing the watering (price of my room and board) and all my treatments. Melissa, my summer roomie, and I made a "workout mix" on Sunday so I put that on my ipod and hopped onto one of the stationary bikes. I went fairly hard for 12 miles (about 43 mins if the meter can be trusted) and then coasted for another 7 mins to make a grand total of 13.5 miles in 50 mins.

Overall, I'm thrilled about how today went. I only coughed a little, which exercise will always do (and therefore counts as 1 chest pt) and I felt great! The Lighthouse tri's bike leg is 12 miles on a flat course so it's encouraging to know that at this point I can handle that. The only downfall was that I definitely broke the "no sweating" rule. Oh well...the dressing and picc come off on Thursday anyways right? :)

1 comment: