Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Bored At Work

Well, as I'm sitting here at work, taking notes in a Spanish 2 class, I'm bored. My friend Jessica has been telling me that I should start a blog to talk about training for a triathlon.  Originally, I said no because I would have no idea what to say, but then it occurred to me that no one is actually going to read this, so I can just use it as something to deter me from doing my job or my homework. So, here we go.
Jessica and I are training for a triathlon.  It is something I've wanted to do for a long time, but unfortunately, without someone to train with me, I have little motivation.  We've been training for a little over a month now (I think) and things are going well.  I'd forgotten how much I truly love running on a cool fall day.  I ran cross country in high school and hated competing.  But now, to my surprise, I have this incredible urge to do a road race.  It's weird how things work out.  I think I have decided to run in the Race for the Cure 5k.  It is in about 2.5 weeks.  I hope I'm in good enough shape for it.  If I know myself though, chances are that if I manage to get myself to the starting line on race day, my competitive nature will take over and I'll run the thing as hard as I possibly can.   That'll feel lovely the next day. 
Other than running, my life is fairly exciting/hectic/terrifying all at the same time.  I'm working on my Master's degree right now, but I've found a program that would be more beneficial to me professionally (some day!) so I'm trying to coordinate applying for schools I'm not sure I'm qualified for with my boyfriend's (and hopefully fiancee soon) job search. I hope it works out.  I'm also teaching medical spanish from a curriculum that I made (That was interesting!), tutoring spanish students in my free time, and trying not to lose what spanish I have.  I love it though.  Honestly, I'd rather have a life full of action, goals, dreams, and excitement than anything else. 
I think I've talked about myself enough now.  I have two tests tomorrow anyway.  Until next time, Jessica, don't ever say I never do anything you tell me I should do.  =)

No comments: