Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Oh the Joys of Doubling Up

Yesterday, Jessica and I doubled up.  I knew it was going to be a challenge because neither one of us got the best night's sleep.  We biked first.  Biking has been a bit of a weak link (intensity wise) for both of us, so I decided to push harder. 
 Oh boy.  
I think we ended up biking around 3 miles hard, but I'm not sure.  Either way, when that part was done, my legs were NOT in any way, shape, or form interested in running.  My lungs weren't exactly over zealous either. 
The plan was to run/walk about a two mile distance. I didn't make it that far.  After running about a mile (maybe) I just couldn't do any more.  My chest was tighter than it has been in a work out in a long time, but that's never been an excuse for me.  Honestly, I was kind of disappointed in myself. 
Tomorrow we have to get up at the butt crack of dawn to go swimming (my favorite!).  Hopefully I'll be able to push harder.  I'm not going to lie though, tomorrow's going to be a really hectic day for me.  I'm not really looking forward to it. 
Congrats Rob, for all your improvement! Keep up the good work!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Kayle...
I am doing and feeling better. Just go through those phases every once in awhile.
So how did the swimming go? Did you push yourself hard?
I have never done the doubling up thing. I do hear it's hard though. I guess once I start training for the tri that's something I'll have to do as part of my training. For now I'll just really cherish my easy workouts, compared to what you and Jessica do.
So when's your first triathlon? or isn't this your first?
You seem to be really motivated in your training. It is hard though especially when you don't get the sleep you need. So get some rests and go at it harder.. I know you both can do it.
Talk more later.
You see people do read your blog :-)