Tuesday, November 11, 2008

OK

I'm getting back on the horse. I'm going to start working out again today. I'm not fully recovered from being sick, but I haven't done my breathing treatments either so I don't care.  I want to work out.  
Since I don't have Jessica around to push me in the pool any more (and because my knowledge of swimming workouts is awful), I've been looking at beginner swimming workouts online.  I still have no idea though.  I'll probably just end up thrashing around the pool for an hour and go home. 
I'll probably end up changing my workout schedule too. When I was working with a partner, we each had to make little sacrifices to fit the other's schedule.  Now I don't have to do that.  I'm not sure what the schedule will be just yet, but I'll post it when I figure it out. 
Sometimes the best way to deal, is to put your head down, and just keep swimmin' (so to speak haha).  So until next time...

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Remember Dory from Finding Nemo when your out at the pool: "Just keep swimming, just keep swimming!"

That's actually what I think of when I'm running and I want to stop. I think to myself "just keep running" in a little singsong voice. It helps. At the very least, it gets your mind on something else.

And for your enjoyment...Dory's full song:
Hey Mr Grump Gills
You know what you gotta do when life gets you down?
Just keep swimming
Just keep swimming
Just keep swimming swimming swimming
What do we do we swim, swim, swim
OH HO HO How I love to swim
When you WAAAAAANNTTT to swim you want to swim