Thursday, November 13, 2008

The start of a long swim

I swam today.  It wasn't nearly as horrbile and painful as I remember.  =)  I got up, went to work, ran some errands then went to the pool.  Here is what I did:

4 sets of 200 yards: 25 yards of backstroke at least 50 of freestyle and at least 50 yards of breath stroke; the rest was either breath stroke or freestyle depending on how I felt. 
I did 50 yards of kickboard between each set. 

Like I said, it went alright.  I managed to only inhale water 2 or 3 times, and although I don't have the ability to see my own face, I can say with at least some degree of certainty that my face didn't turn blue.  Of course, that may very well be due to the fact that I did my medicine this morning. 
I tried to swim more laps using freestyle as I went along, but I got tired towards the end and the last set was mostly breath stroke (no backstroke though).  The good news is that (although it wasn't all at once) I swam half a mile, which I think is the distance I need to swim for a sprint tri.  So I should be able to work my way up to triathlon standards.  
Tomorrow I'm going to bike.  I went to check my bike yesterday and saw that my tires are really low, so I'm going to go buy a bike pump and helmet (finally) either today or tomorrow.  Until then...

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Congrats guapa! Keep up the good work.