Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Tentative schedule

Ok, so I feel like I have to get outside opinions on this.   Here's what I'm thinking: on Mondays and Wednesdays I have class from 8-2:15 in Okc which means I have to wake up at 5:20am.  So if I'm going to work out, it has to be after class (no earlier than 3).  The thing is, I'm completely and totally EXHAUSTED when I get home on those days.  Tuesdays are easier because I just have work from 9-10:15am and then from 6:30-9 pm.  Thursdays are the worst.  I've got work from 9-10:15 then class from 2-4:30 then work again from 6:30-9.  So if I want to get anything done on Thursdays, I'll have to do it before work in the morning, or go straight from work to workout.  Fridays are completely free with the exception of the one hour class I have to teach in Okc at noon.  Saturdays are off limits until football is over (sooner born and sooner bred baby!), and as far as Sundays are concerned, I'd really like to start going to church again, but even if I don't make it, chances are I'll be working anyways so mornings are off limits. 
As far as workouts go, I know I need to work out at least 5 days a week.  There are 3 events I'm training for so each of those needs to be done twice a week (one day will double just like it was with Jessica).  The only huge change I might be considering at this point would be doubling up on Fridays instead of Tuesdays.  On one hand, I have less to do on Fridays, and potentially more daylight to work with.  On the other hand though, I kind of like having Friday as my lazy day, and only having one activity on that day leaves the weekend more open for trips (that I never end up taking).
Well, I may have just wasted my time writing all of this out because I don't think I'm going to change anything just yet.  I'll change the times for sure though.  There isn't enough daylight to work out in the evenings, and I don't have to wait for Jessica to get off work so there's no reason for me to wait anyway.  I think I'll do my doubling up on Tuesday's after my first "class".  I'm out of the house and I usually haven't showered for the day yet. Wednesdays and Saturdays I'll keep as off days.   The rest I think I'm going to keep identical to Jess and my schedule, just earlier.  
 I might also try to make swimming a more constant activity.  I'm a horrible swimmer. Anyone who knows me, or reads this blog, knows that.  But I feel like if I don't start swimming more than once or twice a week, it won't get better.  I really want to make running like that.  I can run forever. I love it, and I'd love running to be something that I just do every day...like showering or eating.  However, my running doesn't need as much work.  Don't get me wrong.  I'm out of shape.  My lungs can't handle running right now any better than my great grandmother's lungs can.  Swimming is harder.  If I can make my lungs handle swimming, running will come because it's so natural for me.  I don't know though.  I mean, do I hate swimming because I suck at it or do I hate it because I hate it?  If it's the latter, then I don't want to spend more of my time doing something that I don't enjoy.  Thoughts?
Well, as you might have guessed from my incessant rambling, I'm sitting at work, bored. But I think it's time that I stop subjecting everyone to this and just call it quits and attempt to pay attention.   

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Sounds great, guapa, but if Thursday's are your busiest, crappiest days, why not have that be an off day? And I totally understand the Sooner born stuff, but if you have nothing else going on but football games, you can definitely plan your workouts around that. (The Tech game is the only home game left anyway, so you can make up for skipping that one sometime the week before.) Just food for thought.

As far as the swimming is concerned, change your mindset and you'll see why you hate it. I'm much more motivated to run since I decided I'm a triathlete, meaning I'm a runner as well. You told me I couldn't have a bad attitude about it or it wouldn't get better. That's why I progressed! Think positively about swimming and about improving your swim and it will come. If you still hate it, you'll know why then.

Keep up positive thoughts, guapa! I know you'll get into it with a little motivation and determination! I'm here to help push you along!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad that your're still alive. I was becoming a bit worried since you didn't post for awhile. Glad to see you back and writing again.

I have to agree with Jessica..if Thursdays are your worse then use that as your day off. Everyone now and then needs to take a day or two off to rejuvinate yourself. After all you don't want to burn yourself out. you are doing a great job and stay focused on the swimming. Personally I love to swim but don't do it for some odd reason. It does give you a great workout and it's a good way to add change to your routine.
Just stay positive. You can do it!