Saturday, November 8, 2008

On the eve of all things different.

Jessica moves away tomorrow.  She's got a really awesome attitude about it. I think she's kind of excited to be in a new town with a new job.  And I know she's glad to be rid of the unemployed stress she's been dealing with over the past month.  I'm really going to miss her. She doesn't want to talk about it, and I shouldn't.  I'm happy for her.  I'm excited she got a job. She'll be great at it.  I have yet to read any story of hers that wasn't well written. 
As far as training goes, I know Jessica's planning on working out as much as her unknown schedule will allow.  I'm just hoping to survive. School and work are really crazy right now. My grades have actually suffered quite a bit in the last couple of weeks. It's alright though.  I'm sure I'll pull it off. Winter's always a physical challenge for me too. I'm thinking about asking for a Huff membership for Christmas so that I don't fry my lungs trying to run in the cold (oxymoron I know).  Jessica was teasing me today about my less-than-stellar swimming abilities.  I'd admit that she was right... except that I have this damn competitive streak in me.  Admitting that we're halfway through our training and I can't swim would be detrimental to my psyche.  Therefore I think the only logical response would be to start swimming more and kick my cocky partner's ass the next time we swim together.  ;)  Oh ya guapa, it's on. 
Ok, this is the part where I'm supposed to sum up the post in a deep and meaningful way.  Here it goes. So tomorrow, I help my best friend move away.  Then, hopefully, in the midst of all things tumultuous and painful I will have as an immovable constant, the burning desire to dispel any notion that my swimming is in any way sub-par by way of severe swim ass whoop-age.  =) 
I was never good at deep philosophical statements anyway.

No comments: