Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Update: It's been a few days

It's been a while since I've written.  Not to worry though, I'm still around, and still training.  Jessica was in town last weekend so we went on a run on Sunday.  It was a little windy, and a little cold, but overall, not too bad.  I really enjoyed getting to run with a partner.  I've missed working out with someone. 
On another note, THANKSGIVING IS THIS WEEK!!!  I love Thanksgiving (it's hard to tell I know).  I'm going to my parents house tomorrow and will probably stay until Saturday or Sunday. Unfortunately, I have a paper and a test next Monday so I do have to be a little productive.  =(  
I also want to start looking for a club, or some type of group of people to train with.  I really don't like doing it alone all the time.  I came across the Okc triathlon club's website today.  I'm going to do more research before getting into that though.  Not only am I shy and would kind of want someone to join with me, I'm looking for a specific thing.  I don't want to join a group and then decide I don't like it (and waste my time and money). 

Anyway, sorry this post is a bit scatter brained, but I suppose it mirrors my state of mind right now, so it can't be helped. More to come soon!

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Kind of like "you have to kiss a lot of frogs" and that business, you sometimes have to try a lot of things and clubs until you find one your in to. Don't stress about whether it's right. You won't know until you try. $12 isn't bad and not a huge waste if you don't like it. Give it a month and if you aren't feeling it, don't force it. You're strong and coming out of your comfort zone is good for you! It might have GREAT rewards!

Anonymous said...

Glad to see your back.
I guess it is the time of year that we do get preoccupied at times.

I hope the club thing works out for you. At times I really do like training by myself. That way I don't compare myself to others that might be joining in. Then again there's this thing I have a about groups. I am just a a bit of an introvert and I'm still working on getting over that bad aspect of my life.
Whatever you decide I am sure it will be the right thing for you.
I still haven't even started training for my April Tri. But then again my trainer says I'll only need 12 weeks to be prepared. I guess he doesn't want me to get to burned out with it all.

Keep up the great work as you always do.
Enjoy your Thanksgiving and good luck on your paper too.